WOLA NANI CHILDREN'S PROGRAMME
Since the inception of the organization, Wola Nani has always recognized that children are the most vulnerable in the HIV/AIDS epidemic. They are either infected or affected, through being orphaned by AIDS and driven into further vulnerability by poverty and lack of food and shelter.
With the support of our donors, Wola Nani was able to substantially enhance its Child Program and embark on moving them from “vulnerability to resilience”. Since 2007, more donors have come on board and this program is growing fast, providing after school activities to just under 400 children, their parents/caregivers and other members of the household.
The program focuses on children aged from 7 to 18 years. Recruitment and selection is based on the following additional factors:
– Orphaned children with the greatest social and financial need.
– Children not linked with the Social Services Grant system.
– Children with a traceable physical address.
– Children who will be able to participate in a holistic service program which includes nutritional support, education and play.
– Children currently on HAART.
The geographic areas of focus are currently Mfuleni, Khayelitsha and Phillipi.